Monday, June 30, 2008

Calm

I've had a calm weekend. I started off with a prayer vigil at the church down the road. I have a hard time focusing when I pray and find some of the Lutheran prayers guiding and focusing. At the prayer vigil there were various stations about repenting, forgiving, worshiping, surrendering, praising, seeing people through God's eyes, etc. It was good to be so focused yet have many things to focus on. It was projected to take 15 minutes to get through the things, but it took me an hour. This isn't because I'm slow or super holy, it was just so calm that there was no rush! It is so nice to simply sit, kneel, lay down, and rest in calm!!!

Then we went to the Farmer's Market, also calm. I love the beautiful flowers, plants, and foods! It reminds me of God's unique beauty!

Then church: a beautiful sermon about the Fire of God. You can check it out at www.whchurch.org

No comments: